Monday, February 15, 2010

"Holy Cow (Patti)

YouTube - Jim Stafford Sings Cow Patti Branson, MO Remember Jim Stafford? From what I understand he is still performing in Branson, Missouri. Here is a video from the Smothers Brothers Show (click the You Tube Link) of Jim singing the classic "Cow Patti" song. Jim is also the author of "My Girl Bill", "I Ain't Sharin' Sharon", "Spiders and Snakes", and sings"Wildwood Flower" among other memorable melodies. I saw Jim Stafford while I was at the University of Connecticut as a senior back in 1976 as I was attending a National Entertainment Convention in Washington D.C. I enjoy Jim Stafford's "word play" with puns and double entendres as I was and am somewhat of a "punster" myself from high school daze to the present, or so I've been told. The Smothers Brothers was one of my favorite shows at the time and they were somewhat "radical" as they weren't a fan of the Vietnam war. Yippi Yi Yooooooo, Cow Patti.

No comments:

Post a Comment