Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MICKEY MOUSE, MICKEY MOUSE

During my early years when I was between one and three years old, I lived with my Mom, Dad. and two younger sisters outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in towns I believe called Zelionople and New Castleshannon.

We lived in a house on a hill with the house heated by a coal furnace. I remember being in the basement of the house near the coal storage bin and watching the coal tumble into the bin as it was being delivered by the coal man.

One day I remember seeing my Mom opening up the door to the coal furnace and seeing the coal fire inside the furnace. In her hand my Mom had a mouse that my Mom was holding by the tail as she threw the mouse into the furnace.

I remember saying "Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse" while watching my Mom and the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment