Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Signs of Spring

I awoke this morning to see from my window across the street the familiar welcomed sight of the return of the "Pink Flamencos" to my neighborhood here on Cape Cod. I always do enjoy the sight of these majestic birds as they herald a welcoming sign of the Spring season.  Here is a shot of the "new born" baby flamencos while the adult flamencos (out of the picture) are standing watch. These baby birds haven't learned yet how to march all in one direction  then turn around and march again in unison the other direction; but I'm sure they will learn. I always put out a bunch of "pink lemonade"  for them during the Summer months which they seem to enjoy. I also have fun each year naming the new birds and greeting the returning birds by name as believe it or not they all have their own individual personalities. Some of the names I have come up with are a follows: "Pink, Pinky, Little Pink, Flam, Inco, The Notorious P.I.N. K, Skinny Legs, Big Beak, Dirty Bird, and Smitty, to name a few: AND those are just a few of the names of the returning birds. I don't know yet what I'll give for names for this new batch, I'll just have to wait and see by observing them what name seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment