Friday, August 23, 2013

Hot Stuff

  Here's a photo of a few hot peppers I grew in my garden this year. I tried eating a whole one recently and for sure these peppers are "hot stuff!" My mouth , tongue, and lips felt like they were on fire and swollen and numb all at the same time.

Yes, this pepper was hot ...but not as hot I imagine as the "Ghost Pepper" (Bhut Jokolia) which is the hottest pepper in the world and approximately 400 times hotter than "Tabasco" sauce.

Some peppers have been used as a weapon and recently the "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion" pepper has superseded as of 2012 the title of world's hottest pepper. Peppers are rated using the Scoville heat units and the "Ghost Pepper" of up to 1,041,027 units compared with Tabasco rating of 2,500 to5,000 "Scoville heat units. Hot stuff indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment