Monday, January 13, 2014

The Gold Clip


At first I just bent the remaining part of the clip and tried to attach the chain back together but the chain kept coming apart and sliding off my neck. Have you ever tried to attach a chain yourself by looking in the mirror? It is kind of difficult as  the "mirror image" is exactly opposite of what you would think.

I tried then to use part of a paperclip and bend this metal part between both sides of the chain and tried to twist them together. I didn't have good luck with that as I wasn't able to clamp the metal together  well with a pair of pliers.

Then, I looked around my house and found this blue paper clip. I wasn't sure if a paper clip would work as after all a paper clip is supposed to clip paper together. But, as you can see the paper clip was thin enough to slide through each side of the gold chain. 

Hey, maybe this will be the start of a new fashion trend. Just think, if I'm going to the store to buy some Spam and slow roasted Boston bake beans; I can now just clip my grocery list around my neck. Or, if by accident I trip and fall outside somewhere and hit my head and develop amnesia, if I write my name and address and clip it to my blue neck paperclip someone may help me find my way back to my home.

Yes, this paper clip was "as good as gold 
(clip)"

No comments:

Post a Comment