Friday, October 28, 2016

Pumpkin and Pumpkin Seeds (Roasted) with Czech Pilsner-Urquell Beer


Amelia and Theresa of the Soundings guest services  (Dennisport, Cape Cod) carved this pumpkin with custom pumpkin carving tools that I came across this Summer from the "Treasure Chest". I told them, "Hey, make sure you save the seeds!

I roasted the seeds in my oven with virgin olive oil and sea salt that I make,  AND, as pictured above I drank a bottle of Pilsner Urquell beer brewed in Plzen, Czech Republic  (The original Pilsner). (Hi Denisa!) .My Mom always roasts the pumpkin seeds from pumpkins as well as some varieties of squash.

The carved pumpkin represents the 4 guest service Agents (Moi, Amelia, Theresa, and Tamara) at the Soundings (A Bluegreen managed Resort).   I heard recently that the record size for a pumpkin is now over 2,000 pounds. Imagine a pumpkin weighing over a ton! Maybe that is why in the Cinderella tale if I remember correctly her coach  to the ball was made from a pumpkin.

SO there you have it. Don't waste the pumpkin seeds when you carve up your pumpkin and please remember to only drink only Pilsner Urquell beer with the hot roasted pumpkin seeds if you do in fact like to drink beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment