Thursday, July 30, 2009

"I'm Glad We're Glad"

William Shakespeare said something like "All the world's a stage" in one of his plays.

I remember first being on stage when I was four years old as I was selected to give the opening welcome greeting to a church Christmas pageant when I was living in Carmel, New York.

My welcoming salutation went something like this: "We're glad that you are here to share our Christmas cheer".

There was probably more to my welcoming introduction than that beginning line and I must apologize for not remembering the rest of the greeting. I don't know why I can't remember the whole opening remarks as it was only a short fifty years ago. Maybe my memory is starting to desert me. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast on March 13, 1973; I think it was blueberry pancakes but it might have been just regular waffles. I guess I should have written that information down. They say that under hypnosis you should be able to recall important information such as that so maybe I'll have to see a hypnotist.

Oh well, I was glad to welcome everyone that night. Happy Birthday Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment