Friday, February 18, 2011

"A Snail's Pace"

I put on my slip-on shoes this morning before going out to my car to start my work day and noticed that there was something that felt like a rock in my right shoe. I thought to myself,"Hmm, what could that be in my shoe? I certainly don't want to walk around all day with a rock in my shoe." I took off my shoe and lo and behold there was a snail in my shoe. How did it get there? I don't know. Maybe this snail spent all Winter in one of my outdoor plants that I bring inside when the weather gets cold and this snail decided to try to hitch a ride in my shoe. I'm sure compared to "a snail's pace" my regular walking speed must appear like a supersonic space ship as believe it or not snails are not known for their extreme speed in motion. Why, even a turtle I imagine could run laps around a snail if they were in a race.

I didn't have any plants or food in my shoe so I'm not sure what lured this snail into my shoe. I set this snail free from my shoe and put it outside my deck on a piece of slate before driving off to my appointments. When I returned the snail was gone. Hope he's "OK". I had to set him free as I didn't want to have to go through my day at a "snail's pace" and don't intend to try to move at a snail's pace at least until the age of 105 or 106 since then it would be probably time to "slow down".

No comments:

Post a Comment