Thursday, June 16, 2011

Drink Driving

Women escape sinking car after crashing into Mercer Slough 911 Bellevue News Here's a story of some women who relied a little too much on their GPS and kept driving down a boat ramp even though the water kept getting deeper and deeper. Sometimes I guess in life you have to consider input from your senses such as your eyes for example when you approach an apparent "puddle" in the road that keeps getting deeper and deeper.. and deeper... and deeper.. until the water is flowing over the hood of your car and then maybe your should recognize that this might not be a good thing as your car might submerge. Unless your have one of those James Bond cars that turns into a submarine or if your car only goes forward and has no reverse it is probably a good idea to stop going forward in your car if you find yourself running out of air to breathe while driving your car.

I remember watching an episode of "The Office" where Michael and Dwight were in a car and the GPS said to turn right on a boat ramp so Michael drove his car into a river.

The GPS is a great invention, but, I know from personal experience that the GPS directions are not 100% reliable. Often for my inspection job, the GPS in my car will say to keep going forward even though the road I am being directed to ends in a cul-de-sac with either someones house or woods in front of me. For some bizarre reason, I can't explain why, I have never attempted to drive through trees, houses, or swampland even though the GPS tells me to keep going. I guess sometimes I "overrule" my GPS as strange as that may seem.

The women in this story, (no confirmation as to whether they were three blond women) were not cited for any alcohol abuse or "drunk driving". No word as to whether they were cited for "drink driving" which we all know means driving through a deep body of water. Yes, just like the old "Deputy Dog" cartoons, these women got stuck in the creek mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment