Friday, August 26, 2011

"Hurricane Preparedness"

In preparation for a hurricane I always like to get "tanked up" ahead of time to help ride out the storm and to recover from the after effects of the hurricane. So, I went to the local "Breakaway" grill place in South Dennis to fill up a spare propane tank.I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of this as in about a 10 minute span of time there were about 10 other people looking to get tanked. I remember Hurricane Bob in 1991 only a short twenty years ago although in some ways it seems like only yesterday. After Hurricane Bob, I was without electricity for 8 days so I had to cook out every day on my gas grill. The roads were impassible with downed trees and the tree leaves were all dried out even though it was August from the force of the wind drying out the leaves.

I'm also getting my "Pat O'Brien's " hurricane mix ready as well as the best time to drink the world famous Pat O'Brien's hurricane drink is of course during during a hurricane. I'll have to go to the local liquor store and get "tanked up" on some good dark rum and wait to see which way the wind blows. As Bob Dylan said, "You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows". I agree with Bob and when the storm hits I'll just look out the window to watch the hurricane while drinking a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment