Thursday, November 6, 2014

"A Hooker and Road 2 Ruin"

Catchy title Eh?  I'm writing about beer of course. For my recent birthday I received a "6 pack" each of "Hopmeadow I.P.A." beer from the Thomas Hooker Brewery of Bloomfield, Connecticut and also a "6 pack" of "Road 2 Ruin" Double I.P.A.  beer from the Two Roads Brewing Company of Stratford, Connecticut.

My Dad grew up on Hopmeadow Street in Simsbury, Connecticut and according to "Wikipedia" Hopmeadow either refers to wild hops found on the banks of the Farmington River, OR from the fish that used to jump in the river with gave the name of "Hop Brook" and the fields surrounding the river being known as Hop Meadow. Don't know which definition is true. Maybe, somebody saw some rabbits "hop,hop, hoping" in a nearby meadow and said; "Let's name this street Hopmeadow".

Both beers are "India Pale Ale" and are self described as "tempting hoppy" with "plenty of bite" for the "Road 2 Ruin" beer while the Thomas Hooker beer is self described as having a "big hop finish" and "A blend of Cascade,Centennial, and Zythos hops give this beer a citrus nose and crisp piney finish.Balanced but complex, this beer is a truly refreshing IPA". Now, I'm not a beer critic but I do like the taste of these beers. Feel free to try them for yourself and see what you think. I for one didn't even know citrus have a nose; so I did learn something from reading the packaging found on the Thomas Hooker Brewery "6 pack".

No comments:

Post a Comment