Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Pardon me?"

I read this  morning on the "Drudge Report" an article from BBC news about the first case of   "spontaneous combustion" in Ireland. Do you believe "spontaneous human combustion" is possible?  "Pardon me while I burst into a flame" as music group Incubus would say in one of their hit songs.

Buddhist monks used to light themselves on fire during the Vietnam conflict days to protest the fighting but they used gasoline and a match so that doesn't qualify as spontaneous human combustion. Some people I have heard have been known to "break wind" and light this "broken wind" on fire to produce a flame.

Many attractive people are referred to as "hot" or "super hot". Maybe in the future these people will be known as "super spontaneous human combustion hot", yeah, that's the ticket, that has a nice ring to it. I can hear it now, you are with your attractive significant other on the beach on a moonlit night; "Oh baby, you are so super spontaneous human combustion hot you take my breath away and make me almost spontaneously burst into a flame as well." Pardon Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment