Friday, March 30, 2012

Feeling the Pane

I don't know for sure if windows have feelings but today I did put my hand on the front glass of my bay window and felt the pane. I remember when Bill Clinton was president he too must have felt up a window or two as he declared to the nation, "I feel your pane."

Perhaps windows do mirror the emotions of people and objects around them as windows can have moments of reflection and usually you can see through windows so their window emotions can be noticed. Windows have to endure all sorts of weather temperatures and the elements of rain, sleet, snow, wind, dust, birds flying into them, bugs and flies trying to get in or out; all these factors I'm sure can lead to stress and that must be why some windows have window treatment. Some windows are shady, some are blind, and for some windows its curtains for them. Perhaps windows need treatment because even though they look solid, science says they are a liquid. As windows age some windows get thicker and heavier towards the bottom; just like some people I guess. Although many windows do undergo treatment it is sad but true that some windows  do crack or break while other windows age gracefully and have a good outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment