Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Supreme Scallion Sacrifice

Thanks you scallions for your supreme sacrifice of giving up your selves in such a selfless manner so that I may flavor some home made spaghetti sauce. Your anti-oxidant qualities, zesty flavor, and blood thinning qualities are much appreciated and I must admit that I did shed a tear or two while preparing you to meet your tomato friends. I do appreciate your efforts in battling the elements and insects while you grew and hope that you enjoyed your time in my garden. Although you were abruptly uprooted from your dirt rooted home today; I do hope you take some solace in the fact that I did plant your "offspring bulbs" found at the top of your green stalk so that your offspring will have a chance to grow next year and reach their true scallion potential. God bless you scallions.; hope you had the time of your life and I probably won't forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment