Saturday, April 25, 2009

"INSPIRED BY MICHELLE"

I saw recently on television that first lady Michelle Obama and her kids were in the process of establishing a vegetable garden at the White House. I don't know where she and her kids are going to find the time to faithfully plant, weed, fertilize, and water this garden but their action reminded me to make sure that I plant my own small garden here on Cape Cod. Michelle, you truly are an inspiration to me and I'm sure countless other Americans in your efforts to show us the benefits of fresh vegetables. I admire your ability to "get your hands dirty" as I'm sure that this garden could save as much as $59.00 in food costs for the White House kitchen. I'm sure that you will do all required work necessary to produce a bounteous harvest and won't rely on any outside help or White House gardeners or employees to tend this garden. I'm sure that you won't treat this garden as a "photo opportunity" with the initial turning of the soil and another "photo opportunity" of picking a few vegetables at the end of the summer.

I'm sure all your vast experience in urban gardening while living in Chicago will be of help in your new "national garden" in Washington D.C. You are truly an inspiration to me and I'm sure countless other Americans in your devotion to your garden. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for your tireless efforts with your garden. I appreciate your efforts and I'm sure that tending your garden won't interfere with your other duties as First Lady, mother, and advocate for social justice and making sure that never again will the rich and ambitious people get away with not paying their fair share to "spread the wealth" around.

It is important that no one in America strive to better their situation in life because this may leave other people behind. Whether earned or not; everyone should have the same benefits in life. I'm sure you will share the hard work and efforts you spend in your garden with the poor and less fortunate. I'm sure you will start to invite the homeless and poor to your White House parties as the While House is the "people's house".

You are my inspiration Michelle..............(NOT).

1 comment:

  1. It's just the latest in "green" fashion. I agree that it's another photo op.

    ReplyDelete