Friday, December 2, 2011

"Window Thumping"

Yesterday this big bird crashed into my picture window shortly before dusk and fell to the ground below. Every so often this happens and usually smaller birds die when they hit this window as they snap their neck. This bird however although at first appeared to be dead when I went out side after a minute or two and gave it a gentle poke it started to move and later hid itself underneath a small bush. The next morning this bird was gone. I wonder if this bird is a fan of the alternative rock group "Chumbawamba" from Leeds, England  and their popular song "Tubthumbing". I don't know if you all recall the lyrics of "Tubthumping" but the main memorable refrain is: I get knocked down
                                 But I get up again
                                 You're never going to keep me down.

Good words to live by whether you are a bird or even a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment