Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hiking in Simsbury


Here's a photo of me and brother Scott as we were hiking in Simsbury, Connecticut last weekend after attending a baptismal ceremony and party for niece Kenzi. Before returning to the Cape we hiked up the Simsbury hills near a small waterfall. On the way to hiking up the trail I noticed a car parked in front of us with a Simsbury Crew bumper sticker. While hiking I ran into a fellow near a small bridge above this waterfall and said "Did you row for Simsbury Crew?" He said "Yes, how did you know that?" I replied, "Well, I saw a car at the bottom of the hill with a Simsbury Crew sticker on it." He said " I didn't park there, I parked way over on the other side of the mountain but I did see a couple on the trail so that was probably their car."
I was one of the founding members of the Simsbury Rowing Club back in 1971 along with about thirty other Simsbury High School students.
Either I am very psychic and can spot a former Simsbury High School crew member when I see one, or most former Simsbury High School rowers are also hikers, or maybe it was just a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment