Sunday, January 9, 2011

SNOW BIRD

I went down to the beach this afternoon to fetch a pail of sea water after an approximate 5" snow fall that occurred last night here on the Cape. I get the sea water from the end of the Belmont beach jetty which is seen here in the distance where the sea meets the sky. The large jetty boulders were nice and slippery with the coating of ice and snow so it is somewhat of a mini-adventure to get salt water for my sea salt operation this time of year.

I don't know how these sea gulls stand it to stand and swim in this almost freezing water all day but I guess they are used to it.

I have been to some beaches where the sand is almost the color of snow but here on Cape Cod the sand is a light brown or some would say a sand color.

For some reason, after collecting my container of salt water from the end of the jetty my fingers were really freezing. It was a little windy but not too bad but probably holding a jug of near freezing salt water didn't help. I had to stop and put on my gloves but was surprised at how fast my hands felt cold as usually it takes a while for the cold weather to get your hands to feel numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment