Friday, October 24, 2014

"Free Pot"

Today I receive my first "free pot" from the local Shaw's supermarket. This "Cuisinart 2 quart stainless cookware" only took $1,000 worth of groceries with one "green stamp" received for every ten dollars worth of items purchased. So I guess this pot isn't really free but it is "catchier" in marketing than saying "You can get this here saucepan for only one thousand dollars worth of purchases".

Similarly, there is a local pizza place that says "Buy one large pizza and get a small cheese pizza free.". You can't get the "free" pizza without spending money. A lot of promotions are "BOGO" (buy one get one).

Well, I guess I can't complain too much especially as I do eat everyday and with this pot I did "get a little help from my friends" with the green stamps; but that is another story plus the retail price for this pot is supposedly $39.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment