Sunday, October 26, 2014

"A Day At The Races"






This past Saturday my brothers Scott & Steve and I went to Stafford Springs Connecticut to the Stafford Springs Raceway to participate in the "Rusty Wallace Racing Experience". Stafford Springs Raceway is a half mile track with slight "banking in the corners we all were there for the "ride around experience" as we were "co-pilots" in the cars along side an experienced professional race car driver. We all entered our cars through the window just like a real race car driver ( also like the "General Lee in the Dukes of Hazzard television show) and were wearing a regulation helmet and race outfit.

I would estimate our average speed to be about 93 miles an hour and I was surprised at the "G" force as the driver would floor the car down the "straightway" and then hit the brakes fairly hard to reduce the speed right before the corners. I tried to video this race experience but somehow the video didn't work I found out later after the ride as I must have put the camera in the selection one spot away from video mode.

I rode in the  "00" red Ford Taurus car which I thought seemed to be the fastest car there at the track. My brothers both rode in a blue modified racing truck.

We all definitely experienced the real feel of the racing experience and I would recommend the "Rusty Wallace Racing Experience" to anyone who wants to get a taste of a "Day at the Races" and perhaps feels "the need for speed". The Rusty Wallace Racing Experience is available at various tracks of all types throughout the country at all types of tracks offering "ride around" and individually driven race car experiences. My driver and I did pass some of the individual riders quite closely almost like they were standing still as these drivers of course don't have as much skill or comfort with their cars as the professional drivers. I wonder how the racing experience would be on the bigger tracks such as Daytona, Michigan, or Talladega super speedways? Maybe some day when I am older I'll get a chance to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment