Monday, November 30, 2009

"Ben Dover"

Back in the mid-1970's while working at the front desk of the oceanfront "Soundings Motel" in Dennis Port on Cape Cod there used to be a woman named Eileen that also was working at the front desk. During that time there was a night security man named "Mack" that was an older gentleman and covered the 11:00 pm to 7:00 am shift.

One night I was talking with Mack and told him that I worked with Eileen and that her last name was "Dover". I also told him that her husband's name was Benjamin. Yes,Ben Dover and Eileen Dover. Mack thought that was funny and I'm not sure to this day if I got him to believe this especially as I told him that Ben Dover's best friend was named C. Howwit Fields. C. Howwit was also friendly with Eileen and they were often viewed as inseparable. Ben Dover, Eileen Dover, and C. Howwit Fields were quite a trio.

No comments:

Post a Comment