Thursday, October 22, 2009

"ST. PATRICK'S PIPERS"


Here's a photo of some of the members of the "Highland Light Bagpipe and Drum " band from Cape Cod marching in a St. Patrick's Day parade in West Dennis, Mass in March of 2006. My brother Scott is pictured in the center of the first row of "pipers".
The bagpipe is a fairly temperamental instrument to play so I've been told as the reeds are subject to temperature and humidity. The band has to tune up before each performance. My brother Scott has also performed at a few wedding and funeral services in addition to his parade appearances.
I downloaded a page of jokes about bagpipes a while back and gave a copy of them to Scott. I can't seem to locate that joke page now but I do remember the gist of one of the bagpipe jokes which went something like this:
One day a bagpiper was driving to a local store on an errand. He reached his destination and proceeded to park his car and walk across the parking lot towards the store entrance. When he almost reached the store entrance he said "Oh, NO!!, I forgot to lock my car doors and I have my bagpipe in the back seat." He rushed back to his car but was too late.... Someone had already put another bagpipe in his car next to his bagpipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment