Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Corn

There is an old saying that "Man can't live on bread alone". I believe this is true as it would be boring to eat just bread all the time and you probably wouldn't get all the required vitamins and nutrients by eating just bread. Plus, it is probably a good idea to drink at least some water if not some other liquid beverages if you decided to eat nothing but bread. Maybe you would end up looking like the "Pillsbury Dough Boy" if you just eat bread because "you are what you eat".

Today I decided to have a "corn" themed dinner. I started with making popcorn with some of my home made sea salt. Then I cooked a couple ears of corn on the cob along with shot of whiskey (also known as corn squeezin'). I then heated up some corn bread to go with a bowl of corn chowder. While eating my dinner I listened to some music by the band "Korn".

After dinner I sat on my deck and smoked my corn cob pipe while watching the sun set over the pond. I had my fill of corn today but I think "Man can't live on corn alone" so I'll eat something different tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment