Sunday, June 13, 2010

"I Made A Difference"

Each of us only has a limited time each lifetime here on Earth. How long a time? God knows. It varies from person to person based on heredity, lifestyle, eating, drinking and smoking habits, along with random chance as accidents do happen and sometimes people are just at the wrong place at the right time. In every life I'm sure that most of us want to feel that in some way our life "made a difference"; hopefully in a positive way that affected the life of someone else.

I was born on November 2nd, which in Mexico is known as "El dia de Los Muertos". The Day of the dead. Some people say that life is like a classroom and that when we die we are evaluated in a "life review". Your life is analyzed and reviewed with the emphasis not so much on what type of job you performed while alive but on how your living actions affected other people in either a positive or negative fashion. You then experience from that other person's point of view how your actions were perceived by the people who you came in contact with while you were alive. Some say that everything in this world "vibrates" at a certain frequency as we learn from physics and quantum mechanics that the world is composed of atoms which are in turn made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons with these subatomic particles in turn made up of even smaller forms of matter. Perhaps one of the goals of life is to increase your "vibration rate" through positive thoughts and actions with the ultimate goal of existence being to eventually obtain a high enough vibration rate to get closer and closer to God.

So, How did I " make a difference" this week? Well, I was inspecting a house in Harwich, Mass for my insurance job and noticed that the owner of this house is a beekeeper as he had three hives in his back yard. I mentioned to this person that I make my own sea salt. This person was very intrigued and said to me, "Rick. As soon as your inspection is over I'm going to go on the Internet and research making sea salt. I'm definitely going to start making sea salt as well." I said, "Well, that's good. I can honestly say that I made a difference in someone's life."

It's a wonderful life when you feel that your actions helped out somebody else and if you hadn't been there then they wouldn't have been influenced by your presence. Will this action help me with my life review? God knows. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment