Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Good Afternoon, Morning Dove"

I saw this morning dove today just sitting there at the top of my outdoor deck railing. I was surprised at how close I could get to this bird as some birds are kind of skittish when you get too close to them and they fly away. This bird just sat there so I exchanged pleasantries and talked a little bit about the nice weather we were having today. The dove didn't reply to anything I said but did seem to nod its head in agreement to my comments.

Some people have guard dogs so maybe in my case I have a guard bird or possibly a "yard bird".
I do notice each year that I have a morning dove or two that sit on the telephone wires in front of my house. I always wonder if it is the same bird that comes back each year. Perhaps that is why this bird isn't afraid of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment