Monday, September 28, 2009

"I AM AN OUTCAST"

Yes, I am an outcast. Today I had my cast removed from my right wrist that I fractured on August 20th while playing volleyball and diving into a wall while chasing the ball.

The doctor cut off the cast with some sort of vibrating blade the can remove the cast without cutting into human flesh. the doctor said this machine is similar to one used by tile installers. I said. "Well if you run into a slow period when people aren't breaking their bones then you could pick up some work installing tile flooring." The doctor thought that was a good idea.

Tomorrow I start physical therapy on the wrist. It feels a little weird to have one working wrist and one wrist that is sort of "frozen".

Yes, I am an outcast, or what you could say a castaway with hopefully a wrist that will be good as new some day.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the therapy. You'll probably have to work extra hard because of your ... ahem ... age.

    Those cutting tools are awesome. I've only seen one in action once, on my son's arm, and I practically shrieked when I saw what they were going to use on it. It looks scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Barb. Yes, that is quite a machine. It is a weid sensation to have a right arm that can barely lift a spoon compared with a left wrist that tested on one of the gagues at over 125 pounds. I'll take it day day by day I guess and look for gradual improvement.

    ReplyDelete