Sunday, September 6, 2009

"I WAS THERE"

Yes, I was there. Sometimes in life you need a reference point to start as you ponder the many possible directions and locations your life may take you in the future.

On Nantucket island during my recent visit on August 27,2009 I came across this "building compass" if you will that tells you how far away certain locations are from this particular spot. It is hard to know where you are going if you don't know where you are.

Although this information was helpful, I still had to ask directions to "The Brotherhood of Thieves" restaurant from a local church lady as my parents and I wandered through the cobblestone streets and brick sidewalks of downtown Nantucket. For some reason directions to this famous restaurant were not painted on this building or if they were someone either painted over the directions or stole them.

Oh well, at least I knew how far away we were that day from Mackinac Island (1050 miles) as I was wondering about that that Summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment