Sunday, March 15, 2009

THE "LOST" MARIETTA 301 PARSONS TAPE

Back in 1972 as a freshman at Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio while living in suite 301 at Parsons Hall; Jim Byrne, Chris Grover, and I made a tape recording which has been "lost" over time but lives on in my memory.The tape recording went something like this:

Jim Byrne: "Rickshaw what are you doing with you your foot in the toilet?"
Rickshaw: "Well, You know how I usually flush the toilet by using my foot to push the lever? This time I missed and my foot landed in the toilet and it is stuck. Can you help me?"
Jim Byrne: "I don't know what to do. Maybe Chris Grover can help you".
Chris Grover:" I see your foot is stuck in the toilet, Rickshaw; Why don't we just flush the toilet again and maybe your foot will come unstuck and you'll be all set."
Rickshaw: "I don't know if that is a good idea. I might end up being flushed down the toilet."
Chris Grover: "Come on Rickshaw. Let's just try it."
Rickshaw" No, please don't flush the toilet. I'll get flushed down the toilet and drown."
Chris Grover: "No, I don't think you'll drown. Jim and I think it is best to just try to flush to toilet and free your foot."

Sound of toilet flushing.
Rickshaw: "Oh no! I'm being flushed down the toilet. Help, Help me, HELP,HELP! (at this point I start drinking some water and gargling) Hegglllppp, heggllppp, Heggllppp."
Jim Byrne & Chris Grover: "Poor Rickshaw, he went right down the toilet. Oh well, at least his foot isn't stuck anymore and now everyone can use the toilet."

And thus ended the "Lost" Marietta 301 Parsons Tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment