Thursday, May 14, 2009

"BEE COOL"


My sister in law Leslie Shaw became a bee keeper this week as she received twenty thousand bees which are housed in the four boxed hives as shown in this picture.
I read somewhere that honey is the only food that can survive without refrigeration for years on end. There are reports that honey was still edible from the times of the Pharaohs of ancient Egypt.
According to Leslie the hives are all a buzz in the early morning as the queen bees give out the orders to all the worker bees as to where each bee should go to pollinate the local flowers. I have heard that bees communicate by a special dance. I understand that they like to dance to almost all kinds of music except rap music . In recent years honey bees have been scarce and I think this is because of the rise in popularity of so called rap music. The bees hate rap music so much that they commit suicide by running into car windshields or flying straight into building windows at full speed. "Bee cool" bees, Leslie told me that she told the bees that she hates rap music too so they won't hear any rap music from the house.
Bees do enjoy soul music and funk so after their busy bee day they all congregate inside their hives and stage their own show called "Dancing With The Queen". They jive in the hive with the winner getting a date with the queen for a day.
While I was taking this picture today a next door neighbor peered over the fence and asked me what I was doing. I told him to mind his own bees wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment