Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"A ROGER WEBB ORIGINAL"


Back in 1963 when I was nine years old I had this caricature drawn of me by Roger Webb. I was vacationing on Cape Cod with my parents and sisters and brother.
This sketch was drawn in Provincetown (PTown). I remember that I was elevated above the ground on some sort of platform and that a small crowd gathered to watch the artist at work.
It looks like I'm batting left handed in the drawing. I guess Mr. Webb knew that I could bat either right or left handed while playing baseball although he didn't ask me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I am a caricature artist in Albany New York in my first introduction to Caricature was when Roger Webb drew my brother in Lake George New York. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to have caricatures done by Roger Webb from the early 1980s of myself and my husband. They were done in Lake George NY. I would love to know more about him.

    ReplyDelete