Friday, August 7, 2009

"PISCATAQUA TUG BOATS"


Last Sunday August 2nd I was up in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and took this picture of three tug boats moored in the Piscataqua River bank. Piscataqua is probably an Indian name which I'm really not sure what this name means. If I were to guess, I would say that Piscataqua may mean that one day an Indian boy saw a cat peeing in the river and thus the name Piscataqua.
After walking through town my brother Scott, his wife Leslie and I ate at a small riverfront bar where I order a margarita and also calamari.
I didn't pee in the river though like that cat from long ago.

3 comments:

  1. You were at the Blue Claw! I took that exact same picture when I was there two weeks ago with my mother. I wonder if you and I had the same waiter. I took a picture of him as a joke for my son. (He dared me to and I rose to the challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's interesting. I saw your FB pics and saw that you went to New Hampshire but I didn't realize that you went to Portsmouth. That Blue Claw was closed on that Sunday I went there but they let me take the picture as we talked with the owner. We ended up at a different place on the street about a hundred yards down the road. I did remember thinking to myself "I bet Barb would like this place"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have eaten my way up and down that alley in Portsmouth! Yum... There's a picture of my mother and me on FB where we're sitting at the Blue Claw. It's the picture where Jim Bob called us "hawt tickets". Also a picture of my menu and beer on the table. It's in a photo album incorrectly titled "Massachusetts 2009". I also bought my husband a t-shirt at the store that sells "Life is Crap" stuff down that alley. It says "Out of Olives. Life is Crap", with a picture of an empty martini glass.

    ReplyDelete