Thursday, February 12, 2009

HOLD THE GLOVE

A couple of years ago while working at the front desk night shift at the Soundings motel in Dennis Port on Cape Cod; Claire Contardo who was working with me offered to buy me a take -out dinner at a local restaurant as she had a gift certificate from a local restaurant. We often are asked by the guests where they should go to eat and some places reward us with a gift certificate. That sounded good to me so I said sure.

Claire ordered a scallop roll and I ordered a cheeseburger plate. Claire then waited a few minutes and then drove down to this restaurant to pick up the food at the take-out window.

Claire came back with the meals which were in Styrofoam take-out containers. Claire opened up her scallop roll and found four burned scallops on a small hot dog roll along with some freezer burned tasteless french fries. Not only was the scallop roll and fries bad but also there wasn't much quantity of food with her meal.

I opened up my cheeseburger plate and had the same freezer burned french fries as with Claire's meal. The cheeseburger at first looked OK but on further inspection I found a clear plastic surgical type glove underneath the cheeseburger. I held the glove up to Claire and said "Claire look at this!"

Needless to say it wasn't the best meal I ever had and I didn't even order the glove to be put in with my cheeseburger. Oh well, at least we didn't really have to pay for that meal as we used the free gift certificate.

Next time (if there is one) please hold the glove.

No comments:

Post a Comment