Monday, February 16, 2009

SO AM I

On the Cape there is another "Rick Shaw" who is a plumber by trade. He has a work van with a picture of a "rickshaw" driver pulling a toilet with the phrase "A royal flush beats a full house." Over the years I received a few calls such as a 6:00 am phone call from Mrs. Hastings in Chatham; "Rick, what time are you coming over today to fix my toilet?" I was tempted to go over to her house and fix the toilet as plumbers get a good rate.

One day I ran into "Rickshaw the plumber" over at the "400 Club" in Harwichport. He was just leaving this eating and drinking establishment and I was just arriving. I said to him,"are you "Rickshaw"? He said "Yes". I replied, "so am I".

2 comments:

  1. Yes I've seen the truck and wondered if that was the RickShaw I used to play volleyball with? But maybe it's the blogger ?
    So Rick do you "Got Wood"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm a "Shed Head". I'm Rick and the plumber is actually Rich in my opinion as plumbers make the "big bucks".

    ReplyDelete