Thursday, January 8, 2009

DIGITAL CAMERA DISADVANTAGES

Digital cameras are great as you can decide right from the digital camera viewfinder whether the camera shot you just took is one you want to keep or whether you should take another photo. In addition, once you download your pictures from your digital camera to your computer you can also crop the photo, remove "red eye" from flash pictures, and a whole assortment of special effects. Then you can print the photos or send them to anyone you want by e-mail.

There is one disadvantage to digital cameras that I want to point out. It is harder to perform what I call "camera pranks" with a digital camera. The following is an example of what I mean:

One time my mom's sister Marty and her husband Skip also with their kids Jeff and Heather were visiting our family in Simsbury, Connecticut during one of the holidays. Marty had left her film camera on the kitchen counter of our house and was in our family living room talking with my parents and the rest of my family. On the kitchen counter was a glass gerbil cage with the gerbil inside walking around the gerbil container, spinning his little metal gerbil wheel and doing whatever else gerbils do to fill up their day. I thought to myself, I better take a few pictures of this gerbil in case Marty forgets to take some pictures of them.

So, I snapped a few pictures of the gerbil and put the camera back on the counter. The prank is of course, when you get your pictures back from being developed Marty says "I don't remember taking these pictures of the gerbils; did you take these Skip?". Skip replies "No, I didn't take them.Jeff, Heather, did you take these gerbil pictures? The kids reply "no, Dad we didn't".
Hmmm I wonder how these gerbil shots got there?

You can't do this with a digital camera which of course is a disadvantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment