Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HI RALPH

While attending Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio in 1972 and 1973; my friend Jim Byrne and I were one day browsing through a surplus army/navy store in downtown Marietta when we spied some white shirts available for three for a dollar. The shirts were second hand shirts with names and tradesman logos on them. The value of a dollar was worth more back then but still we both thought that three shirts for a dollar wasn't too bad a price for such quality and besides the shirts were a good conversation piece.

We both bought three shirts. My three shirts had names on them of Ed (brake alignment..see picture below), Ralph, and Si. I don't remember the names on Jim's shirts but I do know that they had vowels and consonants which made names that that didn't spell Jim.

I can still remember walking into the cafeteria at Marietta and Laine Axelson, Stewy, Lynn, Joanne, Cruze, Janet Suber and others saying "HI RALPH" when I was wearing the "Ralph"
shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment