Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MOO, MOO

One sunny late summer Sunday when I was about nine years old I was riding in my parent's station wagon through the farmlands of Granby, Connecticut with my sisters Janet and Leeanne and my brother Scott. Granby is a town right next to our home town of Simsbury.

We passed by a field of cow corn and my Dad stopped the car. I along with the rest of my family went into the corn field and picked a few ears of the cow corn. Cow corn is a less sweet type of corn than is found in the local supermarket and the corn kernels are larger than the sweet corn varieties eaten by people. I'm sure the cows enjoy their corn well enough although cows probably never tried the sweet corn.

We all ate the cow corn and tried some of this corn right in the field as us kids were saying "MOO, MOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment